IMPORTANT: This event will be divided into two parts: 1) Dinner at Wang Thai in Itaewon and 2) drinks at Blacklist, also in Itaewon (complimentary hors d’oeuvres provided). Due to space constraints, dinner at Wang Thai is limited to 12 persons. Those who wish to attend the dinner, must 1) complete this Google form and 2) wire a refundable deposit of 10,000KRW to an organizer (see the aforementioned form for more details). Applications are time-stamped, and seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. All Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup members are invited to attend after-dinner drinks at Blacklist. See below for details.
Join us for Thai food and after-dinner cocktails in Itaewon and meet Sean Walker, the owner/operator of The Damyang House.
The Damyang House is a private countryside vacation rental surrounded by bamboo forest in Damyang County. It was built in the 1980’s and later abandoned around 2010. Sean and his wife, Heejeong, later acquired the property in 2013. This is what the Damyang House looks like now:
But this is what it used to look like when Sean bought the property. As you can see, it was in a state of complete disrepair. Contractors had to be brought in to cut back the bamboo forest that had reclaimed the house during years of neglect. The inside space was redesigned and renovated from top to bottom.
Join us for dinner and drinks to hear about Sean’s experience and what he’s learned along the way. Sean can be very forthcoming about the financial side of things, especially after a drink or two!
So, if you want to know how much Sean and his wife paid, how much they make, the current value of the property or their future plans, join us for dinner and drinks on Wednesday, March 22. There is no participation fee - just pay for your own food and drinks.
Round 1 - Wang Tai (6:45 pm - 8:15 pm)
- Number of participants: 12 (View the guest list.)
- How to sign up: This Google form
- Type of establishment: Thai restaurant
- Address in Korean: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원로 151 3층(이태원동)
- Address in English: 3Fl., 151, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Naver Map: http://naver.me/F43TEQdx
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/YGmquJjLyDq
Round 2 - Blacklist (8:30 pm - 10:30 pm)
- Number of participants: Unlimited
- How to sign up: Meetup, Facebook Group, Facebook Page, or Eventbrite
- Type of establishment: Cocktail bar
- Address in Korean: 서울특별시 용산구 보광로59길 36 3층(이태원동)
- Address in English: 3Fl., 36, Bogwang-ro 59-gil, 3F, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Naver Map: http://naver.me/5YYy7tRW
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/PfHgD8UAWkS2
Complimentary charcuterie boards featuring Waeg Farm's delicious fresh chevre and crottin cheese, mettwurst and leberwurst from Mainzer Haus in Namhae Island and housemade pickles with duck and cognac rillettes.